The City of Tulsa had a branch library in the Red Fork community, west of the River, at 2410 W. 41st St. beginning in 1929. It was a 2,480 sq. ft. building across the street from Clinton Jr. High School. Mae Swofford was Librarian there from 1951 to 1971, when she retired. Betty Kennedy then became the manager, and she remained until 1992. She saw the construction of the new West Regional Library at 2224 W. 51st, which was to take the place of Red Fork.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.