Exterior of the Page Memorial Library in Sand Springs. This two-story building, dedicated in 1930, was leased to the Tulsa City-County Library System when the system was started in 1962. It continued to serve as the downtown community's library for many years. It was an outstanding building, with 7,400 square feet, 40-foot ceilings, and marble stairways. Toward the end of the 20th century, however, it became difficult to deliver the services desired by staff and customers. The Page Memorial location was replaced by a new library in 2001, and the building was repurposed as a local history museum.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.