The old reference desk at Collinsville Library. In 1913 Clyde Bollman and J.B. Potter made a special trip to the East Coast to secure funds from the Carnegie Foundation. They were granted $7,500.00 to erect a building on land furnished by the city of Collinsville. The new building was started in 1915 and dedicated on July 20, 1917.
The new library, located on a 100 by 140 foot lot on the corner of 13th and Main, was a one story building with a basement, built of brick and stone with a tile roof, and made fireproof throughout.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.