Mrs. Lilah D. Lindsey, a Creek Indian, and one of Tulsa's first school teachers, in 1929. Her land allotment was approximately at 12th and Guthrie. She gave a portion of land to the City of Tulsa for a school, which was named Lindsey School (later becoming Riverview Elementary School). Mrs. Lindsey was an ardent supporter of Tulsa, involved in the Women's Christian Temperance Union (W.C.T.U.), and the founder of a local sanitarium. She lost her home and moved to 516 N. Frisco, where she died in poverty.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.