First National Bank Of Tulsa circa 1902. The bank was located at 105 South Main Street and was originally known as the Tulsa Banking Company. Established July 29, 1895, the name changed to First National Bank of Tulsa on January 3rd, 1899. Jay Forstythe was the founder. B. F. Colley (Forsythe's brother-in-law) was first president and managing director. Pictured, left to right: R. T. Epperson, A. F. Hendren, Miss Vona Clay, C. W. Brown and W. R. Ritchie. Both Epperson and Brown were sons-in-law of founder Jay Forstythe. The building featured both gas lights and electric fans.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.