This picture is the construction of the Hugh Breeding Inc. terminal in the early 1950's.
This building was located at 1420 West 35th in Tulsa in West Tulsa. One of the company's drivers, Carl Webb, hauled in the rock from Arkansas that made up the building's recognizable facade. Hugh Breeding (on the right) and another gentleman are standing on the SW corner of the headquarters building. This new facility, covering twelve acres included offices, a loading dock, mechanics shop, and place where the truckers could load up with fuel, etc. It would serve as the headquarters until the company was ultimately sold in the 1970’s. Hugh and his wife Maude often would stay there (in a small house that was built on the east side of the building) when they visited from Maysville, Arkansas.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.