Built in 1905 on 32 acres, the brick home was located at 510 North Main Street (northwest corner of West Easton and North Main streets). According to Sanborn maps, the house straddled the line between the original townsite and the first addition (North Tulsa), with a portion of the house in Cherokee Nation and a portion in Creek Nation. The north leg of the IDL cuts through the property now. Cain's Ballroom is just across Main to the southeast. The northwest corner of the property went to Edison & Wherl (?). Pictured on front porch, L-R: Ethel Gillespie, Georgia Archer, Fern Gillespie, & Fay Gillespie. See also: A1246, A1988, C1814, C1854
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.