2nd and Main looking north, 1896. The building on the north side of tracks is the Tulsa House Hotel. The white frame building is Scott's General Store (there was a hotel on the 2nd floor). The building with the spire is the 1st National Bank Building. The store next to the large tree on the right is the Maple Tree Barber Shop. One year after this picture was taken, on December 5, 1897, the east side of the street (right side of picture) burned down. The stone building was the only building that was not completely destroyed.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.