The first post office in Tulsa was merely a barn about a half-mile from the Perryman Ranch House, located near 31st & Lewis. The log cabin was the 1st unofficial post office in Tulsa. It was used as a storage unit after Perryman, as a courtesy, brought mail from Muskogee. When an offical post office was needed to accomodate the mail route from Vinita, the Ranch House was used as the official post office beginning in 1878.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.