First Store Marker reads: "On this spot in August 1882, George and John Bullette, members of the Delaware tribe of indians opened the first store in Tulsa. All goods were freighted from points in Kansas and Missouri by mule and ox caravans. Erected as a public service by Mrs. C. E. Baldwin, Mrs. K. M. Mcclure, Mr. & Mrs. O. Payne."
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.