Curtis Southwest Airplane Company. The airfield, located 3.5 miles east of Tulsa on Federal Boulevard, was Tulsa's first. The location would be east of Hudson Street and north of Admiral Place. The Southwest Airplane Company and Field was owned by Harold Breene, and in 1917 he partnered with a man by the name of W. T. "Bill" Campbell. Later, in 1920, they sold a part of the company to pilots Duncan A McIntyre & Bert Brookins.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.