Looking southeast at the corner of 4th & Main in 1926. The freshly completed and not yet dedicated Brown Dunkin Building is on the corner. The lime debris from construction can be seen on the street. To the left is Tulsa Savings & Loan in the Art Deco Hunt Building and the Orpheum Theater (which had air conditioning). Automobiles, trucks, and bicycles can been seen parked on the side of the street. The streetcar can be seen to the far left. To the right of Brown Dunkin is the Siedenbach Building which was a ladies department store. A shadow from the Majestic Theater sign is cast on the street.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.