Located on the southwest corner of Archer Street and Main Street, the new and the original Brady Hotel side by side. The original was completed in 1905 as a wood framed structure wrapped in brick. The wooden front entrance cover can be seen in the photo. The new, larger, and taller Brady Hotel was billed as fire proof due to its bulding materials. A tea garden was located on the rooftop. A large pass-through joined the two hotels. A fire passed from the original to the new Brady in 1935.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.