Blacksmith Shop. A business day at Charles (Charley) Wesley Roberston's shop, the first in Tulsa, located at Archer Street and Main. He arrived in Tulsa, Indian Territory in 1887 in a covered wagon with his parents. He manufactured wagons, Star Wagons , and was Tulsa's first wagoner, later Tulsa's first chief of police. Left to right: Jess Brewer, Billie Sheddick, Charley Robertson, unidentified man, Sandford Matercs
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.