6th and Boston looking north in 1926. Businesses pictured include the Sunoco Building, Public Service Co. Electric (later AEP/PSO), and the Philtower Building (under construction). The white structure beyond the Philtower is the Kennedy Building. The church in front of the Philtower was the site of the Boston Avenue Methodist Church before they moved to their larger, more famous Art Deco building (see A0110). The location occupied in this picture by Grant's Lunch was replaced by a Borden's Cafe, which later became Nelson's Buffeteria.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.