YMCA Building on the northwest corner of East 4th Street and South Cincinnati Avenue in 1925. The brick structure was built in 1912 and was across the street from City Hall. A parking garage now occupies this location. In the early 1950s the decision was made to move the YMCA to its current location at 6th & Denver. One fund-raising activity was the sale of Lifesaver roll candy for a nickel per roll. The streetcar tracks in the photo run east & west.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.