Mowbray/Archer house located at 510 North Main Street (northwest corner of North Main and West Easton streets), 1907. According to Sanborn maps, the house straddled the line between the original townsite and the first addition (North Tulsa), with a portion of the house in Cherokee Nation and a portion in Creek Nation. The north leg of the IDL cuts through the property now. Cain's Ballroom is just across Main to the southeast. The house was originally built by Gillespie and later owned by the Mowbray/Archer family. George Mowbray's daughter married T.J. "Jeff" Archer, a storekeeper who was killed by a black powder explosion in the store. Kids sitting on the porch are Fern Gillespie, Georgia Archer, and Ethel Gillespie. See also A1246, C1810, C1814, C1854
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.