The Mowbray/Archer house at 510 North Main Street (northwest corner of North Main and West Easton streets) in 1906. The home was formerly known as the Gillespie residence. According to the Sanborn maps, the house straddled the line between the original townsite and the first addition (North Tulsa), with a portion in Cherokee Nation and a portion in Creek Nation. The north leg of the IDL cuts through the property now. Cain's Ballroom is just across Main to the southeast. From left to right: Annie C. Archer, and her mother and father, Hannah Elizabeth Mowbray, and George W. Mowbray, Senior. George was a Methodist minister and later served as mayor of Tulsa. See also: A1988, C1810, C1814, C1854
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.