Looking north on Main Street toward 2nd Street in 1896. The men standing on the porch to the left are newpaper men for the Indian Republican Newpaper (which became the Tulsa World in 1905). Scott's General Merchandise Store is on the right side of the street.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.