Exterior view of the Akdar Theater in 1927, one of Tulsa's four great movie theaters. The theater was located on northeast corner of 4th & Denver. When the building was torn down, they managed to save some of the decorations. The sign on the foreground is for Marland Oil. The building was later occupied by KRMG Radio and KVOO Television.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.