Aerial photograph of the Tulsa Municipal Airport in 1928. Looking to the north & west. Located at Apache & Sheridan Avenues. The original airport facility was a tar-paper shack. Hangar No. 1 is in the upper left and was used for general aviation maintenance. Later the hangar was used by American Airlines. Lower left shows the Spartan School of Aeronautics. Spartan's manufacturing facility was located approximately 1/2 mile to the south.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.