Shackle's Drug Store, 1915. 115 S Main. Shackle's was considered the the best drugstore in town, and was well-appointed with an alabaster marble counter, mirrored walls, and an Eskimo-shaped soda fountain. Tom Shackle was a well known Tulsan who adopted an orphan named Al Musick, who later became a prominent Tulsa business owner in his own right and lived to the age of 102. Mr. Shackle and Mr. Musick are standing at the left side of the picture. This photograph is a copy of A0077.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.