Greenwood Place, just east of intersection of Greenwood Avenue, and the Sand Springs Railroad interurban car 62, with the Del Rio Hotel behind it. According to the book, When Oklahoma Took the Trolley, car 62 was built in 1917, acquired by the SSRR in 1932 from Cincinnati, Lawrenceburg, and Aurora, and scrapped in 1947 when newer cars were acquired from the recently defunct Oklahoma Union Railway, an interurban line connecting Nowata, Coffeyville, and Independence.
Information provided by Michael Bates/BatesLine.com.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.