Looking east on 3rd Street in 1919. The Robinson Hotel is on the left side, next to the Orpheum. The Orpheum Theater was a Vaudeville house during this time. On the right side of 3rd Street is Plymouth Drug, and Ike's Chilli. Other buildings on the street inude: the Exchange Bank building (later becoming the Bank of Tulsa), Treat building, Kress building, and the Domino building. The streetcar tracks on 3rd Street ran from Owen Park in the west to Swan Lake & Orcutt Park in the east.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family Chester Cadieux the Rotary Club of Tulsa and many other community-minded corporations, institutions and individuals.