Built for L. E. (Leslie) and Mae Abbott, the Abbott Mansion was located at 550 North Frisco Avenue (The address changed over time. City directories show the original address as 620 North Frisco). In 1916, Abbott and his partner, F. R. Halliburton, purchased one of Tulsa's older mercantile establishments, the Harlow Dry Goods Company, and founded the Halliburton-Abbott Dry Goods Store. The house later served as a nursing home and as an Italian restaurant.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.