Pioneer Telephone Company construction crew standing in front of the new Pioneer Telephone Building on the southwest corner of 4th & Boston in 1911. The site used to house the First Presbyterian Church, and an older building owned by the telephone company. Beryl then tells an anecdote about how he and some other friends would stand outside of the building at 5:00 PM when the operators' shift changed in an attempt to get a date for the evening with one of the young ladies ending their day at work.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.