Construction of the Philtower building on the northeast corner of 5th and Boston, July 14, 1927. The white coating on the columns and beams is a fireproofing material to reduce the liklihood of structural damage sufficient to result in building collapse. The Tulsa Club building (with the construction elevator derrick), to the right, is located on the northwest corner of 5th and Cincinnati.To the left of the Philtower is the Atlas Life insurance building. The Cosden building (later renamed the Reading & Bates building) is to the far left.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.