This Perryman residence was located between 5th and 6th streets and Boulder Avenue and Main Street (see 1907 Sanborn Map). The space is now occupied by the First National Bank Building. In the early 1900s, the city of Tulsa approached Rachel Perryman to buy the house for use as a courthouse, but she would not accept U.S. currency. The transaction was completed, and Mrs. Perryman was paid in gold.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.