James W. Wilkerson and Tulsa's first electric ice truck in 1932. The truck was owned and operated by Peoples Ice Company. Peoples Ice Company was located on the northwest corner of West 1st Street and South Cheyenne Avenue.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.