Orcutt Park Lake, 1904, now known as Swan Lake, at 17th & Utica. This pond was located on the allotted land of Samuel Orcutt's Creek wife, Annie Hodge. The pond, which was then about two miles south of the small town of Tulsa, became a popular recreation spot after the turn of the century. As the city of Tulsa encroached, Orcutt began developing a neighborhood around the pond, and this development was annexed into the city as "Swan Lake" in 1918.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.