The main entrance to Orcutt Park, 1910. This photo looks east from 18th & St. Louis. Tulsa's first amusement park (which featured a cafe, concessions, boating, fishing, swimming, dance pavilion and roller coaster) was built by Samuel Orcutt on land that had previously contained a cow pond. Over 10,000 people attended the 4th of July celebration at the park in 1910.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.