Old Mission School Building, the first public school building in Tulsa, was built and opened in 1884. It was expanded to two stories in 1899. The building of the school was paid for mostly by the first public school board: J M Hall, President; J D Hagler; J M Morrow; P L Price; T E Smiley; and B F Colley.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.