The Robert E. Lynch Store on the southeast corner of 1st & Main, the first masonry building in Tulsa, Indian Territory, 1895. The ground floor of the building served as a general merchandise store, and the second floor was used as a meeting hall. Tulsa's first recorded street dance took place in front of the Lynch store because the upper floor was not yet complete. To the right of the Lynch store is Tulsa Bank (the seam joining the two buildings can be seen). On the left of the Lynch store is Andy Stoke's Ice Cream store. The ice cream arrived daily by rail car. To the far left, the town water derrick is partially visible.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.