Moonlight Scene Of Main Steet looking south from the Frisco Railroad tracks where electric lights gaily welcomed visitors to Tulsa. The large building centered in the background is the five story First Nation Bank of Tulsa Building, circa 1910. The lighted arch reads, "Welcome to Tulsa." The original plan was to place these arches at each entrance to each depot. On the left is the brick Archer Building which replaced the original wooden Archer Building. Across the street are the J. C. Hall buildings, including one of the original wooden Hall buildings.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.