Main Street looking south from the railroad tracks in 1909. Hall Oil Well Supply on the right is a remodeled building. Many of these building have been built by J.M. Hall. In the rear of the picture is Tulsa's first telephone switching station. On the left side of the street is the Archer Building, with a 5 Cent Store. The stone building on the left is the 1st masonry building in Tulsa. By this point, all streets had been paved and streetcar lines had been run. We can see horse drawn vehicles, an automobile, bicycles, and streetcars.
Preservation and archiving of this significant Tulsa treasure of photographs and artifacts was made possible through the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Society, and the generosity of Tulsa World/Lorton Family, Chester Cadieux, the Rotary Club of Tulsa, and many other community-minded corporations, institutions, and individuals.